Monday 16 April 2012

Detached

I'm detached from the world.
I'm here yet I'm not really.
My body is here all frail and breaking down.
But my mind is in the what could be.
Reality doesn't seem to correspond
and I get another hopeless call.

Another we might have hope
but then they grab it away.
Sadness is left behind
fear that it might never happen.
Broken dreams that can't be mended
Another piece of hope gone.

Detached from the world
unable to function as normal.
Wearing a mask to protect others
tears choking you behind it.
Words that can't be spoken
fears that can't be shared.
A smile hiding a frown
making it easier for them.

Every call taking your strength
leaving you powerless.
Days turning into years
and still you wait.
Detached from the world
but hiding it well.
Going through the motions
living as best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment